Monday, April 14, 2008

Waste of time... or brilliant investment???

The first thing I did when I moved out to Los Angeles was find cool movie theaters and boy howdy, does Los Angeles have some cool movies theaters. Easily my favorite of them is The New Beverly Cinema. Here's their website - http://www.newbevcinema.com/

The New Beverly Cinema is strictly a revival theater, meaning they only show films not currently in theatrical distribution. Which is totally awesome. But wait, it gets better. All showings (with the exception of the midnight films) are double bills for seven dollars. Unbelievable.

Needless to say, The New Bev' (as it's commonly called 'round these parts) is my second home. I try to go as much as possible and I'm starting to wish I was keeping track of all the films I've seen there. So here is a vague, possibly complete record of all the films I've seen there in the last seven months.

The Thing ('82 version)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers ('78 version)
Vanishing Point
Hell's Angels on Wheels
Mulholland Dr.
Blue Velvet
Army of Darkness
Big Trouble in Little China
Flash Gordon
Danger: Diabolik!
3:10 to Yuma ('57 version)
High Noon
Raising Arizona
Evil Dead 2
Riki-Oh: the Story of Riki
God Told Me To
Bone
Ms. 45
Commando
Pieces
Torso
The Parallax View
Network
Demons
Jaws 2
The Monster Squad
Night of the Creeps
Piranha
Magnolia
Streets of Fire
American Werewolf in London
Tremors
Bugsy Malone
The Phantom of the Paradise
Legend
Labyrinth
Creepshow
Mother's Day
Toby Dammit
Omega Man
Silent Running

Whoa, I think that's it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric.

I caught wind of your blog via Facebook. I have a feeling 'Mulholland Drive' is a perfect film to see at such an interesting theater, especially in LA. I hope life is treating you well!

Greg Tilton

Will said...

I get the feeling that if I lived near a theater like this, I wouldn't need to be married.