Monday, April 7, 2008

Warning - Violence

The Top Five Movie Shoot Outs (that I could find on youtube, off the top of my head)

Movie shoot outs are harder than you think. It's not just give a bunch of people guns and then wave the camera around. It must have detailed choreography and be shot in an aesthetically appropriate manner while laying out what is happening geographically to the audience.

I love great movie shoot outs and this here is a my top five favorites that I could think of off the top of my head and find on youtube. My only criteria for this was that many bullets had to be fired. No stand offs.

So here's my list. It's very violent.

5. Breaking News (2004) - Johnny To



4. Rolling Thunder (1977) - John Flynn



3. The Wild Bunch (1969) - Sam Peckinpah



2. Miller's Crossing (1990) - The Coen Brothers



1. The entire movie Hard Boiled (1992) - John Woo

NOTE - This is only a small fraction of the jaw-dropping shoot out that is Hard Boiled. You should go rent the whole thing.



I'm sure I'm forgetting some. If I think of any more, I'll post them... I probably won't.

1 comment:

David B Brown said...

Very good list. I am especially impressed by Breaking News.

I think I would have tried to put the street shootout from Heat in there somewhere... but perhaps you thought of that and it just didn't make the cut.