Friday, April 25, 2008

May Mixtape

A bit early but I'm antsy. Here's my May Mixtape... with lame commentary!

http://branscume.muxtape.com/

1. Guided by Voices - I Am a Tree

I've loved Guided by Voices for a while now but I love them more than ever lately. And this song rules.

2. Motohead - Dr. Rock

Motorhead is awesome because they name their songs Killed by Death, Orgasmatron, Dr. Rock, and Love Me Like a Reptile (I don't even know what that means).

3. Throbbing Gristle - Walkabout

I'm scarred of Throbbing Gristle so I listen to them because I'm afraid of what they might do if I don't.

4. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - West Country Girl

I finally got the Grinderman album but my favorite song on it would feel awkward to play, so here's one of my favorite songs off my favorite Nick Cave album.

5. Edgar Broughton Band - Madhatter

This is all you need to know about Edgar Broughton Band



6. Jonathan Richman - Closer

Cause it wouldn't be a mixtape without Jonathan Richman. My favorite part is at the end when he gets angry.

7. The Trees Community - I Will Not Leave You Comfortless

This Trees Community song gets included instead of any others purely for length.

8. Karen Dalton - Katie Cruel

Bob Dylan said Karen Dalton was his favorite singer. Who are you to say otherwise?

9. Pere Ubu - Cloud 149

Here's what some dude said about Pere Ubu; "Ubu are generally regarded as the missing link between the Velvets and punk."

10. Guided by Voices - Bright Paper Werewolves

Did I mention I like Guided by Voices?

11. Townes Van Zandt - She Came and She Touched Me

Speaking of Bob Dylan, here's what Steve Earle said about Zandt: "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that."

12. Todd Rivers - One Track Lover

Visual accompaniment.

No comments: